It’s time to put the FUN in cleaning.
Mom & Dad, are you tired of being the only two cleaning up after you children or even around the house? Are you tired hearing “do I have to?” What about when your kids put up a fight? For parents, this is on-going, so let’s start putting the word FUN in front of cleaning. Here are the top 6 creative and fun innovative ways to bring your children together with FUN Spring cleaning!
#1: Clean-up, Clean-up Twist
Most up us grew up learning the famous Clean-Up song from Barney. It goes a little something like this: “clean-up, clean-up, everyone and everywhere. Clean-up, clean-up, everyone do your share.” This song has been played for years to help kids sing along while cleaning. The twist you can add is to have them find their favorite outfit to dress-up in and play the song loudly to help them sing, dance and clean! There’s nothing like a little bit of music to help stir the fun. Visit: https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/10-songs-for-cleaning-up-with-children/ for more examples of fun clean up songs!
We know our kids love to act and pretend-play. They event like to pretend they are an adult from time to time. Tell them to mimic exactly what you are doing. This way they are cleaning off an opposite side of a countertop or dusting off surfaces with you! It is fun for them to be exactly like mommy and daddy.
#3: Chores for Rewards
As parents we know children LOVE rewards. Every family has a different way of giving rewards to their kids. Try making a chore list and once all chores have been completed reward them with an ice-cream trip or going to see a movie of their choice (age appropriate of course!) If you have more than one child make it a competition. Whoever finishes their list first wins a special trip and the runner(s) up will receive a special prize. Visit: https://habyts.com/51-reward-ideas-to-motivate-and-inspire-kids/ for examples of rewards.
#4: Scavenger Hunt
This one involves a little bit of work from us parents. Scan the house and figure out what needs the most work and create a clue for those chores. For example: in the living room, you notice the tv, couches, tables and shelves are extremely dusty or full of toys. The clue could read: “We’re in the living room and we are what everyone sees but cannot see us anymore.” Ask them what they think it means. We hope they figure out furniture is hidden because of toys or that the tv is covered in dust. Once they clean up give them the next clue. At the end you can give a reward for finishing each clue.
#5: Hide and Seek
Children love play the game of hide and seek. It is a classical favorite. Gather your child(ren) in a room you think is clean and show them a certificate for the movies or a trip to the zoo. Tell them to close their eyes and count to 30 or 45 while you go and hide these certificates. It helps to know ahead of time where to place them. To find these prizes, they must clean. Bury them under clothes that need to be in the laundry basket. You will need to monitor so they don’t just throw the clothes to another side of the room.
#6: Make it a Race
Open the blinds, turn up the music and give your child(ren) a chance to beat YOU at cleaning up the fastest. You want to convince them they are doing ten times better than you. Move in a walking pace while you watch them run around to clean up before you. This game is fun for indoor and outdoor cleaning. Once they beat you give them a BIG hug and celebrate their victory.
The fun never stops at Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum!
Being a member has many perks, let’s learn a little more about what each membership has to offer for one full year!!
- Weekday Memberships:
- You can have up to 4 people listed on the membership. This includes, mom, dad, kids, grandparents, babysitter, etc. Keep in mind: there will be a charge if you want to add more people, but the more the merrier as they say!
- The 4+ members will have unlimited access only on weekdays! Every day of the week (Mon – Fri) your group can go for FREE!
- Not only do Weekday members get FREE access anytime during the week, you will also be a part of the “exclusive member-only weekday events.”
- Weekend Memberships:
- The Weekend Memberships are very similar to Weekday Memberships. You can have up to 4 people listed on the membership, again there will be a charge for addition people.
- Those who purchase this membership will receive FREE access to the museum on the weekends (Sat – Sun) only. This is the main difference between the Weekday and Weekend Memberships.
- You will also be invited to the “exclusive member-only events.”
- Super Member Memberships:
- Like Weekday and Weekend Memberships you can have 4 people listed on the membership. Additional members will also be an extra charge.
- You will have FREE access to the museum EVERY day of the week! Your group can come Mon – Sun, free for a WHOLE year!
- Super Members will be invited to “exclusive member-only events.”
- Different from the rest of the memberships, you will receive 4 guest passes for the year.
- Lastly, you will receive a 10% discount off a birthday party and the gift shop!
Exclusive Member-Only Events:
- These were mentioned in of the memberships. They will be exclusive to members ONLY. Those who don’t have a membership will not be invited or allowed to participate. We are kickstarting the first member-only event off with an Easter egg hunt! Sounds like fun right?!
Which membership works for your schedule? Do you have one you like more than the other? Super member, Jessica Choroco of 4 children, says “all my girls love Arcadia! I love seeing their imagination come to life. This museum is reasonably priced and it is nice to have something new and fun in Oviedo.”
Click HERE to become a member with Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum today!!
Parents, did you enjoy getting Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny? Did you have a tradition with the Easter basket in your family? A child has a large imagination and now it’s your turn to provide the basket to spark your child’s imagination!
A fun tradition you can start is to fill up their Easter basket with goodies and hide it somewhere in the house after they are asleep. Tell them the next morning “the Easter Bunny came to give you a basket full of gifts and hid it somewhere in this house! Go find it before it disappears!” For younger children (2-5) they will need the basket more visible and in reach. For older children (6+), you can make it hard. They love the challenge! Below are some hiding examples:
- Kitchen: On the counter top, in a cabinet, in the sink, behind the trash can, under the table, under chairs
- Laundry Room: inside washer or dryer, in a laundry basket
- Family Room, Under a table, on a bookcase, on a shelf, behind a couch, in the curtains
- Outside: In the yard, on a grill, on the roof, behind a tree, on a playground
- Bedroom/Bathroom: Behind the bed, under the sheets, in a closet, behind the toilet
- Garage: In a car, under the car
- Be creative!
The next important question is, what do you fill them with? Let’s look at a few ideas:
- Giant Chocolate Bunny
- Peeps (who doesn’t love peeps on Easter?!)
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Fill with chocolate & candy
- Starburst Jelly Beans
- Gift Cards
- Hubba Bubba Gum
- Movie Tickets
- Melissa Doug toys (www.melissaanddoug.com)
- Arts & Craft Supplies
- Something your child has been begging you to buy
The last fun tradition everyone is familiar with are Easter egg hunts. Create your own hunt at home or find events holding an Easter egg hunt. Here, at Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum, we will be having an exclusive member-only Easter egg hunt! Become a member HERE to participate in more exclusive events!
Whether it is coloring eggs, decorating / hiding / filling baskets or Easter egg hunts, always remember to have fun with it and spark your child’s imagination!
The wait is over! We are OPEN at Oviedo Mall!
The concept of Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum began April 2017 and after the long hours and hard-work we were ready to announce our Grand Opening.
February 22nd, 2018 children and their families experienced our 5,000 SF museum holding 10 hands-on learning exhibits which include: The Market, Diner, Gas Station, Bubble Room, Water Area, Vet Pet, Bakery, Science Lab, Construction House and Wiggle Room. We had approximately 700 people visit us to enjoy the fun-filled event with a concert performed by Mr. Richards, a stilt walker and balloon twister, Brandon Smith, and a face painter from Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum!
Later in the evening, the Oviedo-Winter Springs Chamber of Commerce arrived with Mayor Dominic Persampiere to continue the celebration with our ribbon cutting. The catering company Duo 58 provided tasty hors d’oeuvres and desserts, and Winey Wench provided their beverages for all to enjoy.
Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum would like to thank all of those who came out to celebrate our big day! Spark your child’s imagination and come see us TODAY to enjoy our 10 hands-on learning exhibits. Learn about our two birthday party rooms, memberships, daily activities, and group packages TODAY because Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum is now OPEN!
Photo Credit: Playground Magazine
Birthdays are unforgettable memories for a child. They cherish their birthday. They feel special on their birthday and there is no better way to celebrate it then to throw a party!
Planning parties are never easy. They can be the most stressful thing for parents. Well we have great news for you! We have created a birthday party guide for you to follow to help you plan a perfect party for the birthday child.
1. Pick the number of guests for the party first:
2. Go where your child loves going for activities:
- Kid Museums
- Arts & Crafts
3. Pick a date and time.
- When birthdays land on a weekday, most likely your child will have school so remember it is OKAY if you schedule the party on a different day.
4. Pick the facility and call immediately
(remember if you try to book last minute the party room may not be available):
- Arcadia Kid’s Fun Museum
- Regal Cinemas
- District Eat & Play
5. Ask all the right questions when you are on the phone with the party planner:
- Do you have a birthday party room for (number of guests you have chosen)?
- Is this date and time available?
- How much is the party room?
- What comes with this price?
- How long do we have in the room?
- What food and beverages do you provide, if any?
- Can we bring our own food and drinks?
- Do we need to bring the table setting and decorations?
- What special deals or gifts do you have for a birthday child?
- Do we have to choose from a themed party you have or can we provide our own theme?
- Can we bring our own goodie bag?
- Is there a fee if we need to cancel?
6. Let’s talk about themes! Here are some ideas for themes*:
- Sports Theme
- Disney Theme
- Cars Theme
- Princess Theme
- Animal Theme
*Remember some places have their own themes to choose from
7. Items to bring and which can be themed:
- Paper plates
- Party Hats
Your child turns this age once! Make it a day to remember.